Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner

When I was growing up, fried chicken was a staple at my grandmother's house. Actually, both of my grandmas made fried chicken, but Grandma Maxwell made it a lot more often. Which made us very lucky because it was delicious! I can't tell you how much I miss that fried chicken. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.

Fried chicken is just not one of those things that I make on a regular basis. While technically it's an easy dish to make, it's also a very messy dish to make. Then there's the fact that it's ... well, less than healthy shall we say.

However, every now and then I get a hankering and nothing but good 'ol fashioned fried chicken will do. This past Monday was one of those times. On the menu: fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn. YUM! When Kevin got home, he was tired and laid down on the couch to take a quick snooze before dinner. It wasn't long before he came in to the kitchen and said "MAN that smells good!". Ahhh, shades of my grandma's house =)

A short time later, we sat down to our fried chicken. MAN! It didn't just SMELL good, it was delicious! The vote is in: definitely a winner!

No comments: