Saturday, June 19, 2010

Latest Obsession


Have you ever read Taste of Home magazine? I hadn't either ... until recently. I saw a copy while I was standing in line at the grocery store. The cover was appealing - summery/picnic foods- so I picked it up and thumbed through it. I admit it - I was hooked. It's chocked full of wonderful, every day recipes. Things that are simple to make that contain ingredients that we've all heard of and that are well within our budgets. What a concept! This is definitely a magazine I'd be interested in, I thought. I decided not to buy the issue though - it was whopping $3.99!

Okay, okay ... so the next time I went to the grocery store, I gave in and picked it up. Yes it was pricey - however, there was a subscription card inside to test out a free issue of the magazine and subscribe for just $10.00 for the year. Not bad! Especially when you consider that a single issue is nearly half of that.

So ... I subscribed to the magazine - you knew that was coming, didn't you? But did you see this coming?? Not only did I subscribe, I hunted down back issues of it on eBay. I found one seller who had from 1999 through 2003 and another seller who picked up in 2003 where the other lot left off and went through 2009. How cool is that?! Each seller had 25 magazines in their lot. With shipping, I got all 50 issues for just $41.00. YAY!

Let's review what I got: 50 back issues of a wonderful cooking magazine that suits our needs, our tastes and our budget; a free issue, plus a subscription for one year; hours and hours and hours of entertainment poring over each magazine cover to cover; ideas for lots of wonderful new recipes.

I don't know about you, but this sounds like quite a deal in my book!

No comments: