Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Highs, Lows and Woes of Summer

By the first of June, we were all on a countdown around here.  School would be out soon, and that meant that both Kevin and I would be on summer break soon, too.

Kevin's school was out before mine and, because he's a ten and a half month employee, he was off work before I was, too.  We have a small chalkboard on the kitchen counter and Kevin helped me countdown my last few days of work.

First, it was "Come on Summer" with the last four days noted and ready to be chalked off each day.  On the last day, we crossed off "Come on" and wrote in "Hello".  Well, we're both back at work now.  I've just finished up three weeks back (our office is closed on Fridays until school begins in late August), and Kevin will be finishing up two weeks back tomorrow.  As you can imagine we were sad to update the kitchen chalkboard, but finally had to write in "Goodbye :o("

I will say, however, that we did have a wonderful summer!  And even though the calendar says there's still a bit of summer left, it's time for us to get back into our work routine.

I need to change the chalkboard soon.  Come on fall!

No comments: