Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Infamous Sock Plant

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we've been working on our back yard ... a lot.  We removed a palm tree and some other shrubs, planted many, many drought tolerant plants, filled in with bark.  You get the general idea, we've been working out there a lot. 

Little Mischief Millie absolutely loves it when we're all outside on the weekends.  Nothing pleases her more than running laps around the yard, taking a break, and then running more laps.  And she loves following her mommy and daddy around, and sniffing around to see what we're up to.

Apparently what she's picked up on is planting - though trust me, she does her fair share of digging as well.  As you may have heard, we have a drought going on here in California, so we've been trying to cut back on watering the plants and such, hence the drought tolerant plants we've been planting.  That said, there is a small brown patch on the lawn on one side of the yard where the sprinklers don't quite r-e-a-c-h, and I've been doing a bit of hand watering in that area.  When I came home from work the other day, I changed clothes and headed outside to water.  Millie happily followed me out the back door dancing a little jig because we were headed outside!  I turned on the hose and headed over to the lawn when I spied something out of the corner of my eye that looked a little odd.  I couldn't quite figure out what it was until I got a little closer.

What I discovered was the rarely seen, often whispered about, and highly prized...SOCK PLANT.  What's that?  You've never heard of them before?  I'm not surprised.  Rare is the sighting of this most elusive of botanical wonders.  Truly.  It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.  On the assumption that you may never have another chance, I've decided to share my awesome find with all of you.  Ready?



I know, I know … you're all jealous.  Well, what can I say?  Some of us have a green paw, and some of us don't ;o)




1 comment:

Jackie said...

LOL.

God bless.