Friday, August 01, 2008

Yep, it's that time already...

I can't believe that it's August already. Where did the summer go? Today was technically my last day of vacation - I start back to work on Monday. This school year should be interesting on many fronts. It will be the first time in the 12 years that I've been there that Bev and I won't have our 'first day back, how was your summer, do you have any photos' chat; we have a new principal this year so I have no idea what's in store. He seems like a nice guy and it feels like he will be a good fit at FA - but it will still just be 'different'. For 12 years, Bev, Rod, Linda and I have worked together like a well oiled machine; we can - and do - finish each others' sentences. I sure hope Jeff catches the wave and joins in on our jovial banter and enjoyable work atmosphere; I'm sure he will.

Additionally, we will have construction going on all this year. Blech! I know the reality of it is, when it's all finished, our school will look phenomenal; however, it's the process of getting there that I'm not really looking forward to! The front of our lovely FA now has dead grass and uninviting portable classrooms on it's once beautiful front lawn.

What will be the same, however, is the excitement of starting a brand new school year! Though it involves a great deal of preparation, it's always my favorite time of the school year. There are so many possibilities! New experiences around every corner! I can't wait to see what this school year will hold.

No comments: