Monday, April 18, 2011

Much Needed and Long Awaited

Sunday Deb and I enjoyed a fabulous Girls Day. It's been ages since we've had one! The day was chocked full of massages and lunch and shopping - what more could a girl ask for?

Our first stop was a wonderful foot massage spa in Thousand Oaks. Man! It was fantastic. I wasn't too sure that I could take a 1 hour massage just on my feet, but as it turns out, I didn't need to worry about that - they also worked on my neck, shoulders, arms, back and legs. Sheer Heaven.

Next up, lunch at PF Changs. The food was delicious, but our waiter left a lot to be desired. For instance, at the end of our meal he brought us the check. Our bill came to just over $31.00; Deb had a $25.00 gift card from a student, so we used that and I put in a $20.00 bill to cover the overage. Our waiter took the folder, came back and said, pointing to the total "This is your total after the gift card is deducted (showing us $6.25) -- did you need change?" Uh - YEAH! Kevin's standard tipping rule: double the tax and you come out with the correct tip. A standard tip is 15% and tax here in good old So Cal is 9.75%, so if you double the tax, you're still leaving more than the standard 15% Can you believe the nerve? He seriously thought we'd leave him a $13.75 tip?? Apparently if this is what waiters are being tipped nowadays, we're all in the wrong business. Unless, of course, you're a waiter. So ... he brings us back our 'change'; three quarters, three singles ... and a TEN DOLLAR BILL. Nice try, buddy, but you're still not getting that ten as a tip. Between the two of us, Deb and I were able to dig up exactly $5.75. (Now, be a good waiter and use all of those coins on your laundry. Hrmph.)

Off to Crabtree & Evelyn we went. Oh.My.Gosh. To say that we got a bit carried away is an understatement. But then again, if you've ever shopped in this store, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. They have a new fragrance that I absolutely fell in love with: Lily. If you're familiar with the store and it's products, you'll know this isn't really 'new'; it's a remake of one of their older fragrances, Lily of the Valley. The scent is fresh, light and absolutely swoon-y. I couldn't help myself -- I bought the 3-pack of French milled soaps, the dusting powder (Isn't dusting powder just dreamy? Especially for the summer. You so rarely find dusting powder - this is a real treat!), and the small bottle of perfume. Even the image on the bottle is just darling:We had coupons and they were giving away all kinds of freebies with your purchase so both Deb and I walked out with a TON of things from Crabtree & Evelyn. So much so, in fact, that Deb has declared she needs to open her own C&E store!

With very little money left (after our major splurge), we still managed to fit in Penney's and Kohl's for a few more bargains to round out our day.

WHEW! At this spending rate, maybe it's a good thing we don't have girls day more often! Thanks Deb - I had a great day! Can't wait until next time =)

No comments: