Monday, April 11, 2011

Priorities

As I was leaving school today, I ran into one of my all-time favorite students. He is a very smart, high functioning autistic boy who never ceases to amaze me. We always have interesting conversations and today was no exception.

I asked him if he'd enjoyed his Spring Break last week and he told me he was "very productive". I inquired as to what he'd been busy with and I imagined that, like most teenagers, he'd reply that he'd caught up on movies, video games and sleep. Nope, not this boy. He told me he was very, very busy working on his priorities. Only after he addressed all of his priorities did he relax.

What was his #1 priority? He told me that he was learning not to be an impulse buyer. "If you buy on impulse, you ruin any money saving chance that you may have had if you didn't buy on impulse."

See. I told ya - very smart ;o)

No comments: