Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dodger FanFest


This past Saturday, Debbie and I were scheduled to have a girls day.  But it was also Dodger FanFest day and the boys reallllllly wanted to go, so we decided to go to FanFest and make it a Family day instead of just girls day.

But, Kevin ended up auditioning for a band and Bill was busy working on their laundry room re-model, so Deb and I decided to take the boys ourselves and make a day of it.

Muuuuuaaaahhhhaaaaaaa.  Little did we know what was in store for us!

All of the information we read said that the gates would open at 10:00 a.m., but the event didn't start until 11:00 a.m.  We figured that if we arrived shortly after 10:00, we'd be fine.  NOT.  We arrived to find the gates had opened earlier and by the time we parked the car and walked over to the line, we were, in fact late. How late you ask?  Well .... let's put it this way:  Here we are:  (well, more precisely, here's Deb - doesn't she look happy?! The boys have already wandered over to the merchandise area by this time ... and we've only been here a few minutes!)

...and here's the line we're waiting in:

Why yes, that line does go up one side of the hill, and those folks you see headed in the other direction back down the hill?  Well, those are allllllllllllllllllllll the folks that are in line AHEAD of us.  No.  Don't worry.  Really, it wasn't that bad.  A brief THREE hours is all it took.  

For what, you ask?  WHY were we standing in line for three hours?  Well, to get wristbands of course!  Why, you're asking yourself, did we need wristbands?  Well, to get an autograph, silly!  Whose autograph?  Well, that kind of depended.  On what?  Who was still there - and whose autograph hadn't already 'sold-out'.  

Now it all makes perfect sense, right?  


Yeah, well, after three hours in line, a lot of crazy things began to make sense.  At least, more sense than they would have made if we weren't delirious from waiting in that line while suffering both thirst and having to use the bathroom.

But I digress.  I will say that while we were in line, we did see some lovely sites...

...and met some interesting (albeit mostly whiney) people...

...and still had to stand in line once we got said wristbands...

but was it really worth it?  Well, sure.  I mean really - we have stories to tell, boys who were thrilled to be here, and an autographed baseball, so yeah, I'd say it was worth it.  (Yes, Jeff - we did stand in line to get Luis Cruz' autograph.  Please don't ask again!)

No comments: