Tuesday, October 06, 2009

The Great Pumpkin

...or at least a pretty good one.

(Has it really been 15 days since last we met? Where does the time go??)

Kevin and I have been working on the house ... still! However, we're pretty much done with everything except the garage. We still have a few boxes to unpack out there, but other than that - we're completely moved in to our new home. YAY! In some ways it seems like it's taken us forever to get organized, but in other ways it seems to have flown by. The reality of it is we've not even been there two months yet, so I think having everything DONE in that amount of time is a pretty amazing accomplishment. Now it's time to turn our attention to other things.

What other things? Pumpkins. Fall decorating. Yard work. 40th birthday parties. Baking. Yard work. Winter decorating. Winter holidays. Yard work. Oh yes, and PICTURES.

I realize that I haven't posted very many pictures of our new home. There are so many things to photograph it's hard to know where to start! But start I must. That will be a project for this upcoming weekend. I promise!

In the meantime, I bought our first pumpkin of the season last weekend. I LOVE pumpkins!! I love to decorate with them as well as eat them. Pumkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, pumpkin seeds. Pretty much you name it and, if it's pumpkin, I'll eat it! But I digress... the pumpkin that I bought over the weekend is on the porch. He looks a bit lonely sitting there all by himself so I need to be on the lookout for more this weekend. I love to have pumpkins on the porch all season long. We don't usually carve them, though we might try one or two this year. I'm thinking about trying one like this - what do you think??

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Randa, that pumpkin is amazing! Hope you try your hand at making one like it.

God bless.