Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Can the sickie monster go away...please?!

What a whirlwind month it's been - mostly because of all of the sickies that have been going around.

First, we had Pat and Drew over for a weekend in mid-February. At that time, Drew was not feeling well at all. The longer we got into the weekend, the worse he felt. Poor guy! By the time they left that weekend, Pat was beginning to not feel well either. Ugh!

Next, Kevin began feeling under the weather. He came home from work early one day with a head cold that stuck around for a bit over a week. He still continued to plug along, but he felt pretty miserable.

Then, Vicky got sick. We had planned to meet at Kevin's Mt. SAC game, but when we spoke with her that morning, she had absolutely no voice, so both Kevin and I said she should stay home and get well. But in about the middle of the 4th inning, I looked up and there she was! We both sat out in that chilly weather - probably not good for either of us. Poor Vicky is STILL sick. Yikes.

The Tuesday following the game, I began to feel like I was catching something. It went immediately into my chest rendering me voiceless. In addition, I felt pretty miserable and stayed home for three days - mostly sleeping trying to get well. Thankfully, all that remains is a cough -- always the last thing to go!

Last Wednesday, mom called me shortly after I arrived at work to say that dad had been taken to the emergency room. Apparently he'd woken up at 4:00 a.m. with a profuse bloody nose that wouldn't stop. By the time I got to the emergency room about 20 minutes later, he was leaning over a basin with blood just pouring out. Oh. My. Gosh. It was unbelievable! Though they tried everything, they just could NOT get that bloody nose to stop. Finally about 5:30 that evening, he went in for emergency sinus surgery. Which, luckily, finally stopped the bleeding. Five and a half days later, he was finally released from the hospital.

Sheeeeesh! What a month it's been. Now that it's spring, I'd like to kindly request that the sickie monster please go away. We're done with you for quite a while and would all like to enjoy a gloriously sickie-free spring (and summer and fall, too, if you don't mind!).

That is all.

No comments: