Monday, March 29, 2010

S-P-R-I-N-G B-R-E-A-K!!

...well, almost =)

Actually, Kevin IS on Spring Break this week - but I'm not. My Spring Break will be next week. In a way, it's kind of disappointing that we don't have break at the same time. On the other hand, it's nice to be able to have different weeks off so that we can accomplish some of our own things that we've been wanting to do.

I don't know about you, but I'm a list maker. Just ask Kevin - I make lists for EVERYTHING (isn't that right, honey?!). Spring Break is no exception. I have my own list, AND a list for Kevin (though in all honesty, most of the things on his list were things he'd already said he wanted to do -- I just put them in list form for him so that he'd have them all written down in one place). Ooooo...weeeeeeee! You should see these lists! We'll both need the break of going back to work when spring break is over!

At any rate, one of the things I wanted to do was to re-decorate the garden window in the kitchen. When we moved in over the summer, I was convinced I wanted a variety of different plants in that window. I've changed my mind. Firstly, though there is a water source right there, I'm terrible about remembering to water those plants! But mostly, I think a window filled with just plants looks pretty boring. That said, I have ideas about how I want the window to look when it's all finished; in the meantime, however, we decided to give the windows and screen - both inside and out - and the shelves a good scrubbing this past weekend to get off to a good start for when I'm off next week.

Without further ado, here's what the window looks like in it's nothinginhereatall stage (yes, that is my handsome hubby on the outside of the window...)


Stay tuned next week for the "After" photos of the window. I can't wait to see how it's going to look with it's new look!

No comments: