Monday, September 13, 2010

Feeding the Freezer

Yep, another 'Feed the Freezer' weekend. Kevin had a few games so I did a little stocking the freezer.

I made chicken enchiladas - YUM!. I normally make these a few times per year and always make enough to stock the freezer. They are so delicious and super easy on a night I don't feel like cooking. In fact, I froze them in aluminum pans that can go directly from freezer to oven. It doesn't get any easier than that.

I also made Italian meatballs. Again, YUM! We love meatball sandwiches and having these on hand makes it easy to make them for Friday night dinners - or any other night during the week, but we often reserve Friday nights for soup and/or sandwiches.

TOTAL = 5 containers of chicken enchiladas (5 dinners), and 5 containers of Italian meatballs (5 dinners).

Ahhhh, I feel sooo relaxed knowing that dinner is waiting in the freezer ;o)

Actually, tonight dinner is waiting in the crockpot. I'm trying out a new (to me) crockpot recipe: orange chicken. It's super simple - I hope it's delicious as well. I'm always scouting out easy crockpot recipes that are also delicious - they don't always qualify for both categories and, if they don't, I'm really not interested!. I'm crossing my fingers that this one qualifies. If so, I'll share it in a future post.

No comments: