Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's Pumpkin Time!!

Okay, so technically it's not quite fall yet - not until later this week - but I'm definitely in a fall frame of mind. With that in mind, I just had to try this pumpkin scone mix: Last fall, I tried to buy this scone mix for weeks, and Cost Plus was always out. A couple of weeks ago, Kevin and I stopped in for something and they had it (!), so Kevin put two in our basket =)

It's a super easy mix that takes no more than three minutes to mix and 12-15 minutes to bake. The only ingredient required, besides the mix of course, is 3/4 cup water. I wanted to bump up the flavor a bit, so I used apple cider instead of water and sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top of the scones. MAN! Does our kitchen smell delicious! They've just come out of the oven.

I'm finding it difficult to wait to sink my teeth into one of these treasures! ... but I suppose I really should let it cool first!

1 comment:

DW said...

Well, your mouth might appreciate it if you waited a bit, LOL!