Monday, February 21, 2011

Big Night Out

Last night Kevin and I went on a date. That's not all that unusual for us - we date a lot ;o) It is unusual for us to go some place shi-and-shi-and-la-and-la, though. Which is exactly what we did last night. We decided to have a late Valentine's dinner at The Melting Pot. Mmmmmm - yum! Have you ever been to the melting pot? No? Well, only go if you love good food. And you like to cook. At your table. We'd scoped out the menu before we went and had decided on the 'Big Night Out - France'. Oh.my.ga. It was sooo yummy! The first course was a cheese fondue. White wine, baby swiss and gruyere - how could you go wrong? The dippers were three different kinds of bread, green apples, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. My fave was the green apples and Kevin's was the broccoli (say what?!). Next course, a salad nicoise - sans tuna (otherwise I would never have considered it!). I enjoyed it, but Kevin wasn't very fond of it. I think the shredded beets turned him off instantly - he says they taste like dirt. That would do it for me! I, on the other hand, love beets, so I wasn't deterred. It was quite tasty. Next was the main course. We chose a meat and seafood selection that included filet mignon, new york pepper steak, lobster tail, shrimp, chicken, duck a l'orange, and ratatouille ravioli. I didn't try the duck or the lobster, but everything else was delish! Kevin really enjoyed the seafood as we don't really eat much of it at home. (Okay, we don't eat any at home.)The grand finale was a creme brulee dessert fondue. Oh mercy - it was utterly delightful! They caramelize the sugar on top of the fondue right at your table. So cool!It was a delicious dinner and the company was absolutely perfect =) The hostess seated us in 'Lover's Lane' - nice touch, don't you think?

No comments: