Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Philosophical Debate:

Are orange pants ever a good idea?

Let me start by saying that I am a girl who loves orange. Pretty much any shade of orange really, except for possibly a neon fluorescent shade, but other than that, I'm definitely and orangophile.

I have a couple of really cute sweaters in varying shades, a couple of tops that are either out-right orange or have orange in them, and a couple of scarves that are in the orange-ish vein - you get the idea.

Something I don't have is orange pants. Frankly, I'd never even given orange pants a thought. At least not in a very long time. We're talking sometime in the mid-70's when my excuse for having absolutely no fashion sense at all was that I was but a mere child. Nope, orange pants weren't even in my vocab.

...until today.

I happened to get out of the office at lunch today and headed over to the mall just to get out a bit. I was looking at a rack of new arrivals for fall when I happened to spy a top I already own:
paired with a really cute pair of orange corduroy pants:

At first I thought "Those are so cute! I *have* to have them!" ...and then I started thinking. Orange. Pants. Orange pants. Are orange pants ever really a good idea? Hmmm. Maybe they are. If you're 5'10" and a size 2. Huh. I'm neither 5'10" tall, nor am I a size 2. Maybe orange pants aren't such a good idea. At least for me. I mean, do I *really* want my caboose covered in orange corduroy? Isn't that just inviting some sort of talk that should really be avoided? I think so.

Needless to say I thought better of it and left the orange pants hanging right where I found them. Next to my cute top that I wear with *navy* pants - muuuuch more flattering.

Oh, and I found an adorable pair of *navy* peep toe pumps for $5.00! Now those, you can talk about all you want ;o)

No comments: