Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Reaching our goal! ...by default


Well we did it - we reached the goal for our house savings! And even before the end of the year! I must admit though, we kind of reached the goal by default. I had a small account at a brokerage firm that's been there for a long time and really hasn't done much of anything - one way or the other. It's money that I received from a former employer years ago and I just kind of plopped it in this account. With everything losing so much money over the past months, we decided that it might be a good idea to cash out this account and have some extra cash on hand should we need it.

Since we don't need it, and the plan is to save as much money as we can for the house, we went ahead and put the lump sum into our house account. I must say...I just love looking at the amount in that account! Even before we put this extra cash in there, we both had an enormous sense of accomplishment at how much we were able to save...especially considering circumstances were less than optimal. Since I've been giving percentages of where we're at, here's the latest: 106.16% of our goal. YAHOO!!!

Now...on to set a new savings goal!

No comments: