Monday, December 08, 2008

Sixteen pounds down ... and I'm not telling you how many more to go!

Yep, that's right...I'm sixteen pounds down. Or rather, I should say, I was until this morning's weigh in! I was really, reallllly good today so I'm sure that tomorrow morning I'll be back down at the 16 pound mark. What made my weight go up over the weekend? Oh nuthin' - just my birthday! Well technically the 'birthday' part had nothing to do with it - it was the 'what I ate over my birthday weekend' part that did me in.

It started Friday at work with the lemon tart. Mmmmm - delish! Then we all went out to lunch. Souplantation, so it wasn't tooooo bad, but still... Then it continued on Saturday. Meatloaf (thanks Dad!), mashed potatoes (thanks Deb!) and cabbage salads ala Northwoods Inn (they were SO yummy - thanks Mom!). And, of course, since we were having a Northwoods Inn type dinner, we had to have the cheese bread! Gotta love that Clearman's cheese spread! And, it was on THE BEST sourdough bread I've ever tasted (thanks to Vicky for bringing it, and thanks to Brian and Amanda for supplying it!). Oh, yeah and then the finale...carrot cake with homemade cream cheese frosting (thanks Mom!!!). Man! What a feast we had. It was wonderful! Then yesterday, Kevin and I had meatloaf sandwiches for lunch (YUM!) on grilled sourdough bread (again, YUM!) I swear those were the best sandwiches! We were in some sort of food Heaven ...until I went to weigh in this morning. YIKERS Oh well, birthdays only come once a year, right? And we should enjoy them! ...and I did, I did!

So to compensate, it was back to a hard Wii Fit workout. WHEW! I even broke down and tried boxing. Yeah, I know - we've had the Wii Fit since September (no rush, right?) and I've been too chicken to try the boxing. It always looks so complicated when Kevin does it, so I've just never tried it. Well - it is complicated! But it's also fun, not to mention a great work out. I can really feel it in my shoulders -- already! I can only imagine what they'll feel like in the morning. But...I just keep thinking about summertime and how good those Wii Fit boxing shoulders will look in a smart little sundress!

No comments: