Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Decking the Halls

Kevin and I spent a good portion of this past weekend decorating our home for Christmas. I think I can finally say it's finished. I'd still like to get a few fresh garlands for doorways and a poinsettia here or there, but other than that ... done!

Sunday night we were both remarking how much we love our house all dressed up for Christmas. Everything just feels so warm and cozy. We just want to curl up in front of a warm fire and sip hot chocolate while listening to Christmas carols - or better yet, having Kevin read to me. Now that's a perfect night in!

Our every day living room colors are cranberry and gold, which we love, so we just carry this color scheme throughout the Christmas decorations. Here are a few examples:

The piano ... just waiting for someone to play "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" (yeah, fat chance here in southern California!)
A simple centerpiece on the table - just a mercury glass bowl filled with ornaments and candlesticks on either side. A cranberry tablecloth makes a warm background...
The antique hutch and mirror that belonged to my grandmother...
The tree and just a few of my favorite decorations...
The sweet little gold and burgundy birds are a new addition this year - I just love them! I have eight of them on the tree
I love these sparkly acorns...
And these adorable little garden ornaments from Hallmark a few years back are among my favorites, too...

Kevin will be out tomorrow night so I think I'll start wrapping some gifts. Just me, a cup of hot cocoa, a little Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney in 'White Christmas' and I'll be a happy girl. I just love Christmas!

No comments: