Monday, July 13, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


I just discovered the most wonderful site! Head on over to orgjunkie.com and check out her site. She does 'Menu Plan Monday' - and, since I need to jump back on the bandwagon with my meal planning, this is the perfect inspiration for me!

This will be the first time I've participated at her site, but definitely not the first time I've written a meal plan. I've been doing this for about 4 years now and it certainly makes my life a bit easier. Here's something ironic, though: when my life gets a bit harried as it is right now, the first thing out the door is menu planning. The reality of it is, menu planning is something I need to work in at all costs -- just because it's makes things simpler! Go figure. Anyway, here's my first round for 'Menu Plan Monday':

Breakfast choices: cold cereal, fruit smoothies and toast, cream of wheat, oatmeal, scrambled eggs

Lunch choices: sandwiches (either lunchmeat, egg salad or PB&J), soup, dinner leftovers

Dinner plans: Monday 7/13 - grilled steak, corn on the cob, green salad
Tuesday 7/14 - marinated grilled chicken tenders, grilled veggies, rice
Wednesday 7/15 - chicken sausage and cheese ravioli with fresh homemeade pesto, garlic bread
Thursday 7/16 - daytrip: Old Town Temecula - grab a bite out
Friday 7/17 - Thai peanut chicken over noodles
Saturday 7/18 - hotdogs, peanuts and frozen lemonade (BYO - Dodger game)
Sunday 7/19 - marinated grilled turkey tenderloin, pasta salad, grilled corn on the cob

2 comments:

Jill Schrader said...

Welcome to MPM! I just did a post on how what we eat doesn't always match up with what I plan, but I agree it's important to try to stay on the bandwagon and at least plan.

Laura said...

Welcome to MPM!! Thanks for joining us :)