Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Cute 'lil Halloween Banner

BOO!

Don't be scared, it's just me ;o)

I've been wanting to make one of these for a while and finally got around to it this year. I kinda had an idea in mind, but didn't quite know how to go about tackling it. So, as with most things, not knowing that I couldn't do it, I just jumped right in and did it! I think it turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself. What do you think??

It's easy peasy. First I cut out circles from black paper. Then I added orange crepe paper to the back of the black circle using double stick tape. I gathered the crepe paper as I went along to give it a somewhat ruffled effect. Next, I cut smaller circles from sheet music that I had crumpled. I attached the sheet music circle to the black circle using double stick dimensional tape. Finally, I cut out letters that I'd printed in orange (the font is called 'Circus Ornate' -- don't you just love it!?), and used a glue stick to attach the letters to the sheet music. When each of the individual letters was complete, I hot glued each one to a length of cute black and orange polka dotted ribbon. A little time consuming (mostly the crepe paper step), but worth it I think. It's the perfect size for the mantle of our little fireplace =)

No comments: