Saturday, March 05, 2011

Abundance

Good Saturday morning, all!

I hope everyone is out there having a wonderful Saturday. I've been a busy, busy bee this morning and it's just 10:30! This morning brings abundance to our home.

Sunshine. It's supposed to be 80 degrees today! It's just a gorgeous day outside.

Pink jasmine blooming in the yard and now, in small vials in the bathroom, bedroom and kitchen.

Fresh fruit. This week there were some phenomenal deals at various grocery stores on produce. I thought I'd take advantage of some of the deals and stock our freezer with fruit. It's just about smoothie time and we love them! I bought 5 packages of blueberries, 3 packages of strawberries (some of the berries were just huge!), and six and a half pounds of bananas. This morning I washed and processed all of the fruit and it's now in our freezer. Once everything is frozen solid, I'll put it in freezer bags and wait. But not too long - I want a smoothie soon!
Kevin has two games today, but before he left, he pretty much single-handedly finished the laundry. After processing the fruit, I swept the kitchen, the rugs and Swiffered the rest of the house, so two-thirds of our weekend trifecta is complete. Now we need only pick up a few things at the grocery store, but not too much - it's a light grocery shopping week. Shortly, I'm off to run a few errands and then I'll relax this afternoon with a new book I just received in the mail today. I can't wait to read it! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: