Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Pantry and Freezer are Full!

Currently, several of our grocery stores are having 'grocery wars'. I love it when that happens! I get to cherry-pick the best items to stock the pantry and freezer. I grocery shopped today at a store I rarely go to; I used to shop there all the time, but their prices sky-rocketed and, even though it's the closest grocery store, I hardly ever shop there. However, today they had a great flyer in the Sunday paper with lots of their own coupons, so I went there instead of our usual store. I'm glad I did! Our pantry and freezer are stocked! Here's what I bought:

6 cans of Green Giant Niblets corn
6 jars of Skippy peanut butter
2 large chuck roasts
3 whole chickens
6 boxes of assorted flavors of Rice-a-Roni
2 large jars of Light Miracle Whip
2 bags of Lays Kettle Cooked potato chips
6 jars Classico pasta sauce
2 bags of Ritz chips
2 packages of Mission tortillas
8 packages of assorted pasta
4 cans of Pillsbury Grands biscuits
1 package Philly Cooking Creme
2 large packages Kraft Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
2 packages store brand sharp cheddar cheese singles
3 packages Athenos greek yogurt
1 bottle Tropicana orange juice
2 gallons 1% milk
1 loaf of whole wheat bread
2 pounds of fuji apples
2 pounds ground beef
4 containers of Oscar Mayer Deli Selects lunch meat

I bought a total of 79 items for grand total of $104.33 which breaks down to just $1.32 per item! For this area, those are really great deals. DH and I spent some time this morning straightening up our two pantries and the freezer to accommodate everything. It's packed, but we did manage to fit everything where it needed to go.

I'm in the process of looking for a long, low bookshelf to add to our outdoor (enclosed) pantry area. I'd love to find one soon so that I can stock even more great deals - and jam making time is just around the corner!

No comments: