Saturday, July 02, 2011

LEWTENANT DAN!

I don't know about you, but in our house, that means ICE CREAM!!

(An aside: the reference is from "Forrest Gump" and Kevin and I use it all the time. A couple of years ago, Kevin sent me an email at work that just said "LEWTENANT DAN!", and I knew right then and there that he was enjoying sweet, satisfying ice cream. Yeah, we know ... we have a language all our own ;o)

We'll be heading up to Mom and Dad's for the fourth of July to BBQ and swim! We're so lucky that they have a wonderful swimming pool that we can enjoy because it's going to be HOT! The weatherman is 'guesstimating' that it will be about 103. Yikers - I can't wait to dive in!

This past Christmas, Kevin gave me a Cuisinart ice cream maker that, until yesterday, we hadn't tried. (What were we THINKING?) For our Independence Day celebration, we volunteered to bring homemade ice cream, so we gave it a go yesterday to test it out. WOW! This is so much fun! And so easy! We couldn't decide on just one flavor so we decided to make three. (We subscribe to the school of thought that says: If one is good, three are better.)

Our first go round was fresh strawberry.Oh.My. It's delicious! On the menu for later today: fresh peach. Mmmmmmm. Then on Sunday, we'll make vanilla. I know, I know - grandpa would ask "Is there any other kind?" But something tells me that if he tried the fresh strawberry and fresh peach, he may change his mind ;o)

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I taught my 11yo son how to make ice cream in the cusinart this past week. We enjoyed mocha and then French vanilla. Yum!