Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ten Years In

... almost.

In less than a month, Kevin and I will celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary. We both are shocked by this, in two ways. Firstly, we can't believe we've already been married 10 years! Where did the time go? And, lastly, what do you mean we've only been married 10 years? Surely there's never been a time we haven't been together - is there?

It's true - time flies when you're having fun. And we are. So much fun! We've both been commenting about how much we've really loved this summer. We've had so much wonderful time off to relax, work on a few home projects, take some wonderful vacations, visit with family. Honestly, it just doesn't get any better than this!

Anyway. Ten years. It's a big milestone and, as such, Kevin presented me with a milestone gift. Yes, early! We're both a little impatient when it comes to giving gifts ;o) The other night just before going to bed, he took out a small velvet box that he'd had hidden for a month. He told me how much he loves me, how thankful he is that I'm his wife and how lucky we both are to share the love we have. Then, he opened the box and presented me with my gift: a diamond anniversary band! Oh.my.gosh - it's absolutely GORGEOUS! It's simple, elegant and classic - exactly the perfect gift ... from the most perfect husband.Isn't it magnificent?!

Thank you, honey. Kevin, I love you more than you will ever know and can't wait to see what the next ten, twenty, thirty (and more!) years hold in store for us.

No comments: