Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dad's Day

To our Dad's and Grandpa: Happy Father's Day!! We wish we could be with each and everyone of you on your special day. We love you all very much.

Later this afternoon we are going over to mom and dad's to celebrate Father's Day. We're barbecuing a turkey breast (yum!) and we'll have baked beans, grilled corn on the cob and coleslaw. Kevin and I made dessert: homemade blackberry cobbler and homemade vanilla bean ice cream! YUM!!!

Having found the biggest, most beautiful berries I've seen in years, I couldn't resist offering to make a cobbler. It's something we all love and remember fondly when grandma used to make her delicious cobblers. I can only hope that the one we made turns out half as well. I can say, it sure looks yummy! What do you think?
To accompany the blackberry cobbler, nothing beats homemade vanilla bean ice cream!

No comments: