Monday, February 27, 2012

Cutest, Easiest Craft Ever!

Yesterday I came across something that immediately struck my fancy. I fell so in love with this easy little project that I had to rush right out and get the supplies to make one for myself.

Today when I got home from work, I did just that. It's SO unbelievably simple and adds a dash of color and a touch of whimsy to the kitchen. Not only is it easy, it's also very inexpensive and fast to make - what's not to love?!

Here's a picture - judge for yourself:
Now I ask you, how absolutely adorable is that?! You can follow this tutorial and make one in a flash. Mine is a bit different, but even cuter - well, at least I think so. I couldn't find the correct vase at the dollar store, nor the bowls they suggest, so I headed to our local Wally and found a similar vase, though a bit larger with no flare at the top, and a small clear glass sugar bowl with a lid that fit just perfectly over the top of the vase. Though neither was $1.00, both were very inexpensive - just $2.97 each. I already had a small pedestal candle holder that I could use for the base.

All that was left to do was arrange my crazy big collection of colorful cupcake liners and place them in their new home. Viola! A fun addition to my kitchen that makes me smile every time I look at it!

No comments: