Thursday, September 11, 2008

If you're looking for health food, don't go to a burger joint...

Maybe it's just me, but it drives me crazy when people go to burger places (or any other restaurant that's clearly not a 'health food' restaurant) and try to make their food "healthy".

Tonight Kevin and I went to Chili's to grab a bite for dinner. We chose this particular restaurant because I wanted a burger and Kevin will, hands down, always order the chicken crispers. It's Chili's; we go in knowing full well that whatever we decide to order for dinner will probably not qualify as something your doctor would recommend for a healthy diet.

That said, we can hear the waiter talking to the couple in the booth behind us. They're obviously debating about what to order - understandable - Chili's has many taste-tempting choices. Finally I hear the waiter say 'you can order the black bean patty for any of the burgers listed on the menu.' Choices such as a triple bacon cheeseburger. Yep, that black bean patty is going to make that dish muuuuch healthier. If you want to make a healthy choice, order a salad.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments: