Monday, September 22, 2008

Wii Fit, Me Not

After several unsuccessful attempts to purchase a Wii Fit, yesterday we finally had success! I looked through the Sunday ads and, lo and behold, the Toys'R'Us flyer listed the Wii Fit for sale. Kevin rushed out to buy it; there were exactly five to be sold...he was third in line. YAHOO!!

He brought home this precious cargo and got it all set up. We could hardly wait to try it! For those of you who are not familiar with Wii Fit, it's a type of exercise/fitness 'game' which involves standing on a small plastic balance board. Inside the board there is a small, militant drill seargent err...computer that, when you step on the darn thing, GROANS! Look, I know I need to lose weight, but that's going a bit far don't you think?! In addition to the audible groan, it does supply useful information about fitness and the importance of daily exercise. Both of us tried our hand at yoga. It's a blast! But don't be fooled - it's definitely exercise. I had sure-fire proof of that this morning when trying to get out of bed.

Suffice it to say that Kevin and I will both be giving this thing a good workout...and vice versa I'm afraid!

No comments: