Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pumpkin Centerpiece

With the cooler weather we've had this past week, I've definitely been in the mood for fall.

This morning I decided that it was time to do a little spruce-up around the house. Kevin and I went to Kirkland's and picked up a few candles and such. A few years ago we'd bought two sets of wall sconces at Kirkland's and a while back, one of them fell and broke. I've been checking back from time to time, but they've not had them again. Today we decided just to go ahead and get a new set of wall sconces and take the others down. Doing this required a bit of spackle and some paint touch-ups as well. By the time we finished, Kevin had touched up paint on the walls here and there, we'd hung the new wall sconces and found places in other rooms for the three we removed from the living room, done a bit of rearranging with the dining table and chairs, replaced candles and potpourri throughout the living room and I'd created a cute pumpkin centerpiece for the table. The whole spruce-up took about two hours total - including the trip to Kirkland's. Not bad! And definitely well worth it. Here's the centerpiece...

1 comment:

Jackie said...

What a lovely centerpiece Randa. Everyone in blog land is so talented and is making me think that I am going to have to start decorating my house for the seasons.

God bless.