Sunday, August 22, 2010

Question: What Event Happens Only Once Every Three Years?

Answer: Our plumeria blooms!!

I received this plumeria three years ago from someone at work. The first year we had it, it bloomed. Just three small flowers - and that was it. Since that time, it's grown like crazy, but it hasn't bloomed. Last weekend when I was out watering, I spied buds!! I was so excited I came running in to tell Kevin!! This past Thursday, when I was leaving for work in the morning, I saw that the first bud had just started to open up; by the time I came home, it was in full bloom. Shortly there after all of the buds started opening. Today it's in riotous bloom. YAY!!

...I guess sometimes it pays to just leave something to it's own devices =)

2 comments:

Gordo said...

Someone at work told me your blog and when I am feeling inspired, I look to you to see what I should be doing...and saving money. You are a true renaissance lady. An inspiration.

Everything looks so easy,perfect, and spotless, you'd give old Martha a run for her money. And to think, I thought I was the only one to like starting fall 'fresh, cleaned, and organized'. Bravo to all your hard work.

I'm glad your planted plumaria bloomed. In pots they aren't happy--hence the late/small bloom---my patio troubles. They are so hard in pots and really need the southern sun to grow crazy.

The one Soo Hoo gave me bloomed (your colors), however the ones I gave to the HOA to grace our spa area bloomed in pink, red, and yellow all summer. The smell. One out of two bloomed on my patio.

The family house is being sold hopefully, and the plumaria's are staying. We are planning one huge cut (100+) if we sell before Christmas. If you want one, you're an early parent (and good one) meaning let me know what color(s) you want.

Okay, I've been looking for a home McMuffin recipe that stores in the freezer for years AND tastes good. What's your secret?

I'll trade plumaria's for your Egg McMuffin recipe? Yes, a total bribe.

Take care of your blog, it sounds like you're having fun. Who knows maybe I'll start one on teaching men fashion basics. It's a ton of work.

Bravo again, I'm jealous.

Randa said...

Hi Gordon =)

It's good to hear from you. Yes, you can see the plumaria you gave me in all it's glory! Believe it or not, it's still blooming - so many blooms!!

Thanks for your kind words about my blog. I really have fun with it.

I'd be happy to give you the recipe for the Egg McMuffins - it's very easy! I do remember that you are quite a fan of those =)

I'd also love another plumaria - if you think of it. No worries if you don't. Any color would be fine - they're all so beautiful, it's difficult to choose.

Take care!