Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

An apple and a pecan pie in the oven, the pumpkin yet to make, and a sweet potato casserole coming up. It's definitely beginning to smell like Thanksgiving here.

Tomorrow, it's up to mom and dad's for a feast! Mom, Dad, Deb, Bill, Pat, Drew, Vicky, Kevin and myself. It sounds like just the perfect sized gathering to me. We're bringing 'fixin's' to make an apple/cranberry spiced cider, and apples, caramel and sprinkles so the boys can make caramel apples. It sounds like a wonderful day!

I'm sure I won't have time to check in tomorrow, so I thought I'd stop in this evening and wish you all a wonderful holiday. I hope you enjoy a cozy, festive Thanksgiving with your family.
Thanksgiving is the holiday of peace, the celebration of work and the simple life... a true folk-festival that speaks the poetry of the turn of the seasons, the beauty of seedtime and harvest, the ripe product of the year - and the deep, deep connection of all these things with God. ~Ray Stannard Baker
Count your blessings - I know I'll be counting mine. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: