Thursday, December 23, 2010

I guess it's not too late...

for a little Christmas tour of the house. I mean, it's getting close, but it's still before Christmas ... right? It's funny - I have no idea why it's taken me this long to post Christmas decor in the house. We decorated the weekend of Thanksgiving, but I didn't even take any pictures until just yesterday. Oh well, better late than never, right?

Here goes ...

The kitchen window:I love the little 'JOY' figurines. They were a gift from my friend Linda a few years ago. They're perfect for the little ledge in the kitchen window. They're actually tealight holders, but I don't use them that way. This year I thought it would be fun to take all of my ornaments that have a food or beverage theme and hang them in the kitchen. I thought the valance would be a perfect spot to show them off:Yep, purdy cute =)
Another friend of mine gave me this cute little gingerbread girl:She's been the queen of the kitchen this season. Several years ago we gave a few family members these cute little gingerbread house cookie jars. I couldn't resist keeping one for myself:Mom bought these darling gingerbread aprons for both Deb and I a number of years ago (huh, I seem like gingerbread themes, whatdaya think?). We've both been wearing them at our annual cookie bake ever since. The other apron was a gift from a friend at work who retired last year: Now ... on to the livingroom. We have a large, gorgeous picture window across one wall of the livingroom. I love it! The windows let in a ton of natural light and they face our beloved foothills. I put a few cutsies in the window this year to show them off:I think our front door looks charming all year round - very '50's ranch style with the window on top: Just inside is the hutch which is filled with family photos ... and a few seasonal touches: I love our tree! In my mind, it's the perfect tree -- just the right shape, tall enough, full but not too bushy ... just right. I love the little white lights, the gold star at the top, and I love hanging decorations that I've gathered for years. Each year I add one or two new ones; it's fun taking them all out every year and deciding just the right spot for them:It's the perfect fit for our wall with the fireplace and antique secretary: Inside the secretary is the perfect spot for this cute little teacup and saucer that Aunt Lou gave me many years ago:The 'JOY' banner as well as these 'NOEL' and 'PEACE' banners I made right after Christmas last year. I made four sets so mom, Deb, Vicky and I all have them in our homes this year: We also gave all the girls these cute little white trees for their birthday this year; they're fun to decorate for the seasons!A few other new additions this year ... this cute little elf. I nestled him among the tall candlesticks next to the armoire:And probably my favorite new addition is this: Don't you just love it?! I saw it at my favorite little thrift store over the summer and just had to have it. It looks larger in this photo, but it's really just a small, framed vintage Christmas card. I just loved the colors in it and the fact that it looks so old fashioned. It's perfect on the mantle with our nativity scene, tall candles and an angel watching over everyone. Even the dining room china cabinet gets a little Christmas:And last but not least, the bath is all dressed for Christmas, too:I love the cute little wired silver stars hanging up along the shower curtain. Kevin and I bought those during our last trip to Mammoth. I've not found the perfect spot for them until this year.

Well that's it for the tour. Thanks for stopping by to take a look. I hope your home is all dressed up and warm and cozy for Christmas. Enjoy the season!

No comments: