Sunday, August 07, 2011

Mmmm ... Lasagna!

Doesn't that just look soooo good!

I was watching the news this week and someone was making lasagna during a cooking segment. I just couldn't get it out of my head, and decided that I had to make lasagna this weekend.

If you've ever made lasagna, you know that, though it's not difficult, it is definitely messy. Having three things going at once - the sauce, the noodles, and the ricotta filling - certainly keeps you on your toes. Not to mention the number of pans and utensils used. Whew! (Thanks, honey, for cleaning up my mess!)

Because it's messy and labor intensive, I'd never make just one lasagna. I figure if I'm going to mess up the kitchen to that extent, I'd better make it worth my while! Sooo ... the end result? One small-ish (enough for dinner one night, and lunch leftovers the next day) pan for this week, and two larger (enough for dinner one night and lunch leftovers for two days, or dinner twice and lunch once) pans for the freezer.

I *LOVE* knowing I've got good home-cooked meals in the freezer for nights I just don't feel like cooking. It certainly makes facing the weeknight dinner dilemma a bit easier to swallow ;o)

No comments: