Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fantasia at the Hollywood Bowl

Last night was our last HB concert of the season. I'm sad about that - I absolutely LOVE the Hollywood Bowl season. Honestly I can think of nothing I love more than sitting outside on a summer's evening enjoying a picnic and fabulous music with family and friends. Life just doesn't get any better than that. I always look forward to the season and can hardly wait to see what's on the calendar for the summer! Alas, I guess I'll have to wait until next spring =(

That said, we had a great time last night! There were several factors that made last night really wonderful. First, of course the food and company were spectacular. And come on - Fantasia accompanied by the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra? - how bad can that be?? And last, but not least, a sentimental favorite: the orchestra was conducted last night by John Mauceri - former principal conductor at the Hollywood Bowl from 1991-2006. The show was amazing! The HB Orchestra is phenomenal - none better. They even snuck in some fireworks during the last piece. So cool!

Dinner was simple, but delicious! Cold Thai noodles and Asian Chicken Salad - mmmmm - delish! For dessert, choices of lemon cake, coconut pecan cookies and trail mix cookies. The wine? Why Cupcake Red Velvet, of course! Here are a few pics of last night's show:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post I must say. Simple but yet entertaining and engaging... Keep up the good work.







Hookahs For Sale