Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ice Cream Social

Our teachers start back to work tomorrow and, while I know they are anxious to come back, there is also that 'back to work' dread. For a little pick-me-up, I decided that it might be fun to have an ice cream social about 2:00 p.m. Tuesday. They'll be working hard in their classrooms at that time, getting ready for all of the students who will arrive on Wednesday. It's going to be another hot week, so I thought the ice cream social would be a welcome distraction and a fun break from the heat.

So far I've purchased root beer and grape soda for floats and mini chocolate chips, Heath bar chunks and Ande's candies bits for sundaes. Oh and of course, chocolate sprinkles. I need to get hot fudge and caramel; fresh bananas and cut up the fresh strawberries I have; oatmeal, sugar and chocolate chip cookies for those who would like to make ice cream sandwiches; whipped cream; and, of course the star of the show, ice cream! I'm thinking just two flavors - vanilla and chocolate - but lots of it. Mmmmmm. Sounds good to me! I can't wait - hope everyone enjoys it as much as I will!

No comments: