Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wedding Anniversary

I'm the luckiest girl in the world: I've been married to my best friend for ten years. TEN YEARS. How did 10 years go by so quickly?

Tonight Kevin and I relived our wedding day. We had such fun playing 'our' songs, reading all of our cards and pages in our guest book, looking at all of the response cards we received and meandering through our wedding album looking at all of our photos. My goodness - what a fun walk down memory lane! We'd see a photo and smile and laugh and say 'Remember when ____' - Pat played harmonica with the band; Drew tried to take a picture with the camera turned the wrong way and the flash went off in his face (poor little guy!); Brian got choked up making a heartfelt toast to the bride and groom; you (Kevin) sang our first dance song to me acapella; mom drew an adorable 'Just Married!' poster to put on our car as we drove away. Such warm, sweet, amazing memories.

One night ten years ago, we pledged our love and our lives to each other. It was just one night, but THE one night that would change our lives forever. And change it has. I thought I knew what happiness was - and that I was happy. And I was, I guess, at least to a degree. But after we married, I truly did find happiness. And what I'd thought was happiness before, well, there was no comparison. Not by a long shot.

Kevin - my dearest, sweetest love: I love you with all my heart with a love that grows each and every day we are together as man and wife. You make my life complete. And on this our 10th wedding anniversary, I have just one question for you: will you please always be the Pepsi in my Sangria?

No comments: