Saturday, February 06, 2010

The Big Changeover

Tis the season - it's been raining cats and dogs again since last night. At the moment, all is quiet, but they say we're in for another 2 inches this afternoon and throughout the night. As much as we do need rain, it's beginning to be a bit destructive for those who live in the burn areas. Overnight there were many mud slides and things in the foothills are not going so well today. A prayer goes out to those who are effected.

Because it's a really rainy day, it's definitely an indoor day. I'm happy to have one of those because I'm catching up on something I've been wanting to do for quite a while and just haven't made the time for. I'm sorry to disappoint you - it's nothing all that exciting ... but it's definitely one of those little simple pleasures that make your life easier and you don't even really think about it.

What is it? Today, I'm changing over all of the hangers in my closet!! Well, at least quite a few of them. Actually, I'm about two thirds of the way through, and I ran out of hangers. I'll need to stop in this week and buy a few dozen more (I'm only two thirds of the way through and I need a few DOZEN more? Yep - I'm something of a clothes horse. Don't even ask...!) I actually thought that I'd start this project when we first moved in, but honestly, between painting the house, packing up the old house, unpacking the new house, moving into a new office at work and, thus, unpacking there, preparing to start a new school year, and everything else I had on my agenda, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. As such, this project took a back seat and has been waiting in the wings for just such a day as today.

As luck would have it, the Tuesday Morning flyer last Sunday advertised the BEST hangers for the changeover! I had some of them and decided that they really are wonderful, but I haven't been able to find any more. Needless to say, I was thrilled when I saw them in the flyer! Why are these particular hangers so wonderful? I'm glad you asked! They are non-slip hangers. YAY! If you're anything like me and you have lots of tops whose shoulders just LOVE to slide off any other plastic or metal hanger, these little babies are definitely for you. Here they are: I admit it: I have a new love. (Kevin isn't one bit jealous, though. He thinks they're a great idea!) I went this morning and picked up four dozen, brought them home, and began the process.

In conjunction with changing over all of the hangers, I'm also catching up on another project I've been wanting to do: ironing. Today seemed to be the perfect day to do that as well, so I've been quite a busy bee today!

Okay, so maybe in the scheme of things this isn't really that big of a deal. I concede. However, each evening when I look into my closet to choose the following day's outfit and all of the cute little tops stay on their cute little hangers without sliding off or looking sloppy, I'm going to have to beg to differ about whether it's a big deal or not!!

No comments: