Sunday, February 21, 2010

Some things I've been working on ...

Among other things, here are some photos of a few craft projects I've been working on.

The first project began on Peanut Brittle Making Day (it's not a national holiday, just a family holiday ;o), but was put on the back burner until recently. I'll take photos today of the Christmas canisters I made, but these spring cuties were finished first, so they get posted first:
These guys are just different types of containers (coffee, oatmeal, cocoa, etc.) that are covered in pretty papers and embellished with stickers and such. They're super easy, fun to make and make great gift containers for food (cookies, candies, snacks, etc.) or small gift items (scarves, notecards, etc.). They're frugal, too, as long as you find your craft supplies inexpensively. Oh yes, and collect your containers from friends and co-workers =)

Next is cupcake picks. These are so fun to make! Having found those tins of die-cuts, I wanted to find something to do with them beyond scrapbooking and card making. I think this fits the bill. I just love how they turned out - each one is different - and I love all of the colors!! Today I'll start using the cute heart die-cuts that I found and begin making those into cupcake picks, too. I can hardly wait to see how they turn out! Stay tuned...

No comments: