Monday, April 05, 2010

Looking Through the Kitchen Window

As I mentioned before, I've been wanting to re-decorate my kitchen garden window. Last week, Kevin and I gave that whole area a good cleaning inside and out. I also had some fabric that coordinated with the kitchen curtains that I used to make shelf runners for the window shelves.

Well I've been working on putting it all together and I think I've got it nailed down. And the verdict is ... I really love it!! I love all of the components separately and, together, I really just love the whole thing. It's a joy to stand at the kitchen sink washing dishes and look out this lovely window. Here's the final product:
I love this little black wire Country Living birdcage. When it arrived, it was just plain ... black ... and wire. Well you know I couldn't just leave it like that! I added a few things here and there - including three of those beautiful egg shells! - and I really like the way it turned out ...
I found this little ivory metal pedestal dish two years ago when we were up in Paso Robles. Of all the things it's held since then, I think this is the cutest ...
What's in your kitchen window??

No comments: