Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Thrifting Today

Mom and I had a bit of a girls day today - we visited our favorite used book store and our favorite little thrift store. While mom scored at the book store, I saved my score for the thrift store. And score I did! As with most things, this little thrift store is hit or miss. Sometimes I can go in there and find absolutely nothing, while other days - like today - everywhere I turn I see something wonderful!

Here are a few of my finds from today: I loved this darling silver pedestal dish the moment I laid eyes on it. I thought it was a pretty good bargain at just $5.00. Of course it was tarnished beyond believe, but a little bit of silver polish and some elbow grease and it's as good as new. I have a soft spot for pedestal dishes. I have another one of these dishes - almost identical as a matter of fact - on the desk in the garden room. It sits there, looking pretty, holding a handful of old stamps. I've got a project in mind for this pink velvet ribbon. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to find it! There were four plastic bags full of it - each bag has about 2 yards or so of velvet ribbon. I loved the color and, at sixty five cents per bag, you can't go wrong. These cute millinery flowers are going to be part of the same project as the velvet ribbon - another bargain at sixty five cents for the bag of two clusters. Pretty cute, huh? I couldn't resist the title of this cute little book - not to mention the charmingly hilarious illustrations inside.

I can't decide if I want to keep the book in tact, as is, or if I want to cut up the pictures to use for other craft projects. Hmmm ... I guess I'll have to give that some thought.

The next thrift store find I'm saving for the next post. Stay tuned ...

No comments: