Friday, April 09, 2010

Metropolitan Museum of Art

... books.

I decided to go ahead and use the art books for the project I'd intended to use them for. As much as I love them, I honestly think I'd enjoy them far more in this particular project. Why? Because I can look at them every day. Well, sort of.

For quite a while I've been wanting to make a paper wreath. My first thought was to use old vintage sheet music. In fact, I've been looking around for just that (I got scooped on an ebay purchase right at the very last second ... GRRR. I hate that!) Anyway, when I came across the art books the other day, I knew these were the perfect item for the project. The subject matter was great, the over size format of the books was perfect, and the pages had a wonderful naturally aged patina - which is ideal for this project!!

This last day of spring break (insert heavy sigh here), I decided to get busy with my project. It was so much fun! I can hardly wait to hang it up, but I'm debating between two different places and I'd like to wait for Kevin to get home and weigh in on the decision.

Okay, without further ado, let's get started ...

I love how this wreath turned out! The finished project really didn't use as much paper as I thought it would. It used one full book and about two thirds of a second book - not nearly as much as I thought. Which is good ... it leaves me plenty for other projects. Hmmm ... what's next??

No comments: